Terms and Conditions for ‘Escape to Aviemore’ Holiday Home rental as at 31 August 2009
1. Reservation Deposit and Payment of Balance:
a. For bookings made more than 10 weeks before arrival, a deposit of £100 per let is required at the time of booking.
b. For bookings made within 10 weeks of arrival, full payment must be made at the time of the booking.
c. All payments to be made by cheque made payable to Graeme Wilson and sent to 6 Cottage Park, Edinburgh, EH4 3QL .
2. Damage Bond: A deposit bond of £100 per rental is required for damage. This bond is payable with the full rental payment. This deposit bond may be used against any damages including additional cleaning costs if the house is not left as found; the deposit bond is returnable immediately after the let.
3. Status of Reservation:
a. Telephone reservations will be held as provisional reservations for 24 hours and MUST be confirmed by payment of deposit immediately.
b. Should a material change be made to any confirmed reservation, a fee of £25.00 will be levied.
c. Reservations are considered confirmed only on receipt of the Reservation deposit and subject to the acceptance of the reservation.
d. The client becomes liable for the full balance of the rental ten weeks prior to arrival at the house.
e. Sending a deposit will be deemed to be an acceptance of all the Terms and Conditions herein.
f. Failure to pay the balance of rent by the due date will be treated as cancellation and no refund will be made.
4. Cancellations: If any booking is cancelled the full rental, or deposit is NOT refundable.
5. Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance: It is strongly recommended that insurance be taken out for all bookings. Having to cancel your holiday for whatever reason is hard enough but the loss of Deposit or total rental can come as an additional setback. To minimise this unfortunate occurrence you should take out Holiday Insurance. When you reserve your holiday property you are entering into a legally binding contact. If you are unable to take your holiday property, then you will be liable to pay a Cancellation Charge and this could amount to the total cost of your holiday.
6. Holiday Insurance: As well as Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance clients are strongly recommended to take out holiday insurance to cover loss or damage to personal effects. Under no circumstances can the owner be held liable for any loss or damage to clients’ property. Further information, about holiday insurance, can be found in banks, Post Offices, building societies and from the providers of your home and car insurance.
7. VAT: Currently, there is no VAT on rental properties of this type. We reserve the right to alter this at any time should VAT become payable.
8. Period of Let: This will normally be on a weekly basis from Saturday to Saturday but weekend and short periods may be available. Rentals begin at 4.00pm on the day of arrival and end at 10.00am on the day of departure. Any delayed departure may incur additional charges at our discretion.
9. No Smoking: The house is strictly no smoking. If there is any evidence of smoking within the House we reserve the right to charge an additional charge of £100.00 for deep cleaning.
10. Pets: Pets are not allowed.
11. Cleanliness: The house will be cleaned before you arrive and it is expected that it will be left as found for the next guests. Any extra cleaning charges will be payable by deduction from the Damage Bond.
12. Breakages: If there are any “accidents” during the stay please leave us a note. You will be required to pay for replacements.
13. Christmas and New Year: Can only be accepted as weeklong bookings. The house will be tastefully decorated.
14. Restrictions on Rental: The owners reserve the right to refuse rentals or terminate a rental for improper use or unacceptable behaviour. Rentals will not be accepted by anyone under 21 years old.
15. Dissatisfaction: Should a client be dissatisfied for whatever reason with the accommodation secured they must notify the owner within 2 hours of arrival. The Client must also notify the owner immediately of any damage or defect detected during their stay. Failure to do so may result in the Client being liable to any damages or defects. The owners or their agent may inspect the property at any time during the rental period.
16. Bed Linen: Bed linen and towels are provided.
17. Cots and High Chairs: A travel cot and high chair are provided free of charge but must be pre-booked prior to arrival. Bed linen is NOT provided for the travel cot.
18. Liability and responsibility: The owners cannot be held responsible or accept any liability for loss, damage or injury sustained whilst on the properties.
19. Exclusion of The Rent Act: The contract effected on confirmation of reservation relates to a holiday let only and is therefore not an assured tenancy in terms of Housing (Scotland) Act 1988. This confers on the client the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only, in terms of Schedule 4 Section of the aforementioned Act.
20. Winter: It must be appreciated that the house is situated in the Scottish Highlands where sometimes the weather can be severe. You must satisfy yourself that your clothing and footwear is adequate for any outdoor activity and you are properly equipped for the journey to the Lodge.
21. Adverse Travel Conditions: In the event of road closure due to adverse weather conditions or any form of 3rd party industrial action the owners cannot be held responsible for non- arrival of clients at the house and no refunds will be given.
22. Utilities: Any failure of Utility Services to the house, e.g. electricity, water supply, waste water services or TV signal which is totally beyond the control of the lodge owners. The owners cannot be held responsible in any way and no refunds will be given in the event of any supply or service failure.
23. Candles: Due to the high fire risk, candles are not allowed in the house.
24. Development Works: Aviemore is currently undergoing some expansion and improvement. The owners have no control over these works and therefore have no liability for them regarding delays or nuisance.
25. Terms and Conditions: The owners reserve the right to change or amend their terms and conditions at any time. The owners reserve the right to change the specification of the house at any time.
26. Extraordinary Circumstances: The owners accept no liability for events totally beyond their control, e.g. destruction of property due to flood, fire, earthquakes or acts of God; or that the property is inhabitable due to irreparable damage or on Health & Safety issues that could not reasonably have been foreseen